There are a number of ways to bid with Halls Fine Art:
- In the room on auction day
- By leaving a commission bid – Click the Event for availability
- Live telephone bidding – Click the Event for availability
- Live internet bidding – Register for Live internet bidding
Please see auction calendar See all events to check forthcoming auctions for dates of auction dates and details of viewing times and bidding method availability for each auction.
Buyers Premium is 20% (subject to VAT) and the hammer price – our Indicative Only Buyers Premium Calculator (xlsx) can be downloaded here.
Bidding through an internet bidding platform incurs an additional surcharge of 3% (subject to VAT).
Payments by credit card carry a surcharge of 2.5%.
Artist Resale Rights may be chargeable, please see The Design and Artists Copyright Society website.
Take a moment to select your most comfortable mode of bidding with Halls Fine Art, consider viewing and calculate the appropriate Buyers Premium associated with the method of bidding. Remember Artists Resale Rights (ARR) charges where applicable and transport expenses .
If you are visiting during our viewing times our salesrooms boast excellent links to the motorway network, ample car parking and comfortable surroundings including onsite high quality cafe facilities and free WiFi.
Fine auctions have reception evening viewing for bidders
See the event, click Find out more for full details of viewing times for each auction.
Methods of bidding
In Person In The Room
On the morning of the sale – register your details at our cashiers office and collect your bidder number for the auction! If you win a lot, hold your bidder number aloft proudly for our auctioneer to note.
By Commission bid
- Halls Fine Art will process your bid at the minimum available increment of your bid.
- Commission bid forms are available in the saleroom and on this website.
- Complete a commission bidding form at the auction preview and post in the commission bidding box.
- If you are not able to view the item during the auction preview period, Click the auction Event, click Find out more, follow the link to return commission bidding by email. We ask that any email commission bid is confirmed by telephone.
- If you are unable to view the item it is strongly recommended that you request a condition report, Click the auction Event, click Find out more, follow the link to request a condition report all items sold. are by definition. of a second-hand nature and you must satisfy yourself as to the condition of the lot before you place a bid.
- By pre arrangement, our bank of telephone operators will telephone you to invite your bid. The operator will state that bidding is ‘with you’ or ‘against you’ as appropriate, it is a useful way of bidding if you wish have a live feel of the auction and cannot attend the auction in person.
- Pre–register by 4.30pm the day before the auction to reserve and book your line.
- Click the auction Event, click Find out more, follow the link to request to reserve a telephone line or give us a call before telephone line booking closes. If you have bought from us before, we will book the line for you, if not we will reserve the line pending receipt of two pieces of identification: photo (passport/photo driving licence) and address (copy utility bill/bank statement).
Using the internet
- Halls utilise an exterior internet bidding platform for all our auctions provided by www.the-saleroom.com/halls. Register to bid, log onto the internet platform, follow the auction and bid when prompted if you wish to bid.
- For some auctions live bidding platforms are provided at www.liveauctioneers.com/halls – do visit the sites to see if the auction is presented and pick your favourite site to register and bid with.
- Whichever internet bidding platform you use, remember that registration is required for each individual auction, it is recommended that registration is completed an hour before the auction commences to ensure that bidding is authorised in time for the auction.
General Information and FAQ
General advice on Buying is available on request – please phone or email us using the Auction Enquiry form on each event.
For bidding queries – please see our Frequently Asked Questions or call.
For Payment & Collection Queries – please see our Payment & Collection Page or call.